Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tasty Tuesday Treat #77


Last week, I posted this picture on Instagram for two reasons.  The first was to share my giddy-ness about organizational food prep via Beachbody.  The second was to tease my followers who were waiting for new healthy recipes.  While I am still "Type-Aing" with excitement about my containers, I finally can share what I have been mixing up in my kitchen.

For those who are not familiar with the Beachbody Portion Control Containers, they are a fantastic way to dial in your nutrition while focusing on your physical fitness.  "Each container corresponds to an essential food and macronutrient group, and is sized to deliver just the right amount of food to help you always get your best results.*" While everyone will have a slightly different breakdown of daily container amounts, its is safe to say that we all will need at least 1 blue, 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow and 1 purple.

In my blue, red, green containers, I packed up a delicious egg salad made without mayonnaise.  Instead of placing the salad on a piece of toast, I filled my blue container with sunflower seeds to add some depth to the dish!

In my yellow and purple containers (plus 1 tsp), I treated myself to an almond butter sweet potato mash with roasted apple pieces.  To make my mash, I roasted a small sweet potato until tender.  I then blended that mixture with 1 tsp of almond butter in my Nutribullet.  To roast the apples, I diced 1 small apple into bite sized pieces.  I tossed the apples with a bit of cinnamon before baking them in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Such a sweet treat!

If you would like to start "color coding" your way to food fun, check out my Beachbody page that has a direct link to the Beachbody shop!


1 comment: