Friday, January 12, 2018

Fitness Friday Fact #77

Health and wellness was not always at the forefront of my life.  In fact, for the first 20 years, it was not even a thought that crossed my mind.  Sure, I tap danced and was a member of my high school swim team, but I was better known as the girl who “walked” during a track and field try-out.  Not only was my physical activity lacking, I truly believed that vegetables we flavorless demons and that a solid meal was best prepared at a fast food restaurant.  It was not until I graduated college that I came to appreciate a morning treadmill session and was able to de-demonize vegetables. 
Since 2008, I have focused on health and wellness through working out and learning to cook balanced meals.  I have also received my Health Coach certification through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and became a certified SPIN instructor and Personal Trainer.  Such a lifestyle made it easy to be considered a pregnant enigma; powering through a difficult SPIN workout just two days before giving birth to my son in November of 2016.  That title was not something that I bragged about, but rather, used as an example to illustrate the easy pregnancy that I had been granted.  Despite what seemed to most as effortless, my road to motherhood was not easy and was filled with hiccups afterwards, as well. 
For months, despite clipping into my bike or clocking miles on the treadmill, I didn’t feel like myself.  I felt like I had taken residence in a body that was the polar opposite of what I had known just a few months before.  Such insecurities led to a great deal of self-doubt and a ton of self-deprecation, but at the end of the day, cuddling my son reinforced the inevitable, I was stronger than ever before.
By channeling that realization, I have been able to start my “comeback!” I have developed a new workout normal with Beachbody!  These workouts include light weights and yoga. More importantly I have increased my physical strength and have become a powerful mama that my old self would be inspired by!

1 comment:

  1. Bruce Fit Boss, The Top Fitness Consultant WorldWide - Build strength, flexibility and lose weight now
    Getting crazy strong, flexible, and start losing weight now!
    Small changes add up to major results!
    Are you ready to see faster gains in strength without drastically changing your workout plan or diet?

    Increasing strength improves your body's ability to recruit muscle fibers, specifically the ones that make the biggest difference in the way your physique looks. Strength training also makes your goals more tangible and concrete. Your muscles will respond if you set goals to hit certain lift numbers.

    Bruce the fit Boss - International Personal Trainer

    Personal Trainer In Stone Harbor NJ

    Personal Trainer In Sea Isle City NJ

    Personal Trainer In Ocean City NJ

    ReplyDelete